Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lobster Mobsters

I feel guilty for neglecting The End of the Internet the last week or so. My hands were full dealing with a zombie outbreak in Utica. Now that it is over, I will feast and give thanks, for I am a survivor, free from infection.

Do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, the Green Sky Lobster?

Chalk It Up To... (2012)
By KR

This was the third cohesive collage I was able to create digitally.  At first I had the idea to put a giant lobster on a dining room floor or coming through the door of the dining room, disrupting the guests. Alas my image harvesting would not yield the perfect angle, so it gradually morphed into an outdoor scene.

Although it doesn't really mean anything, I do want to point out that the background is an electron microscope image of a piece of chalk. The ground and the surrealist sky are neatly sliced and layered by the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment